Mental health disorders can be difficult to understand and manage on your own. Without the assistance of a professional, it can be difficult or even impossible to make progress. Fortunately, professional mental health treatment is available and can make an enormous difference in the lives of those who suffer from mental health issues.
At New Horizons Recovery Centers, we believe that each person deserves individualized care that respects their unique needs, goals and life circumstances. We provide the highest quality of treatment for mental health disorders and substance abuse disorders in the Cincinnati area.
Introduction to Mental Health Disorders
Mental health disorders are medical conditions that cause changes in thinking, mood, or behavior. Sometimes they are caused by one-time traumatic events such as accidents or abuse; other times they result from long-term stressors like poverty or addiction. Many people who suffer from these disorders struggle with doing everyday activities and forming relationships with people around them. Common examples include anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and schizophrenia. It is important to remember that none of these issues are insurmountable - with the proper diagnosis and treatment plan you can learn to better manage your symptoms and lead a happy life.
What Are Some of the Most Common Mental Health Disorders We Treat?
At New Horizons Recovery Centers, we specialize in treating various forms of mental illness including:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Our team is comprised of experienced counselors specializing in different areas of mental health treatment who strive to help those facing mental health issues find meaningful solutions to their problems. They offer comprehensive care plans and compassionate support through engaging activities designed to help clients process their emotions effectively while increasing their self-awareness and understanding of themselves and those around them.
These activities range from individual counseling sessions to group therapy courses such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), emotional freedom technique (EFT) or acceptance commitment training (ACT). Our goal is to empower every client we serve so they can take back control over their lives and live with greater hope and freedom regardless of any past struggles they may have faced with their disorder(s).
What Are The Pros & Cons Of Professional Mental Health Treatment?
Professional mental health treatment has both advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before making this important decision for yourself or a loved one:
- Increased self-awareness
- Improved communication skills
- Improved ability to handle negative emotions/situations
- Ability to gain insight into lifestyle habits which may be impacting overall wellbeing/mental state
- Potential changes in relationships – either within family/friendships circles or professionally
- Accessible resources for ongoing support when needed outside traditional sessions
- Increased feeling of safety/security during therapy sessions due to presence of clinician
- Potential cost associated with sessions not covered by insurance
- Potentially uncomfortable topics discussed during therapy sessions which may increase feelings of vulnerability
- Limited availability due to therapist’s schedule constraints
How Do You Choose A Mental Health Treatment Program That Works Best For You?
When deciding which type of program would best suit you or your loved one’s mental health needs it is important to consider several factors such as:
- budget availability
- therapist credentials
- types of services offered
- philosophy behind treatments
- distance/location from home
- length/duration needed for recovery process
- whether technological options are necessary for remote access
- if there are ‘drop-in’ or ‘group’ options available depending on comfort level desired etc...
Ultimately it comes down to finding what works best for you!Mental Health Disorders Cincinnati
View Larger Map